Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (PA)

Place cursor over image and scroll to zoom and pan.
For mobile devices, pinch to zoom and pan.
Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (PA)

Click for larger image

Place cursor over image and scroll to zoom and pan.
For mobile devices, pinch to zoom and pan.
Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (PA)

Click for larger image

Place cursor over image and scroll to zoom and pan.
For mobile devices, pinch to zoom and pan.
Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (PA)

Click for larger image

Place cursor over image and scroll to zoom and pan.
For mobile devices, pinch to zoom and pan.
Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (PA)

Click for larger image

Place cursor over image and scroll to zoom and pan.
For mobile devices, pinch to zoom and pan.
Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (PA)

Click for larger image

Place cursor over image and scroll to zoom and pan.
For mobile devices, pinch to zoom and pan.
Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (PA)

Click for larger image

Place cursor over image and scroll to zoom and pan.
For mobile devices, pinch to zoom and pan.
Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (PA)

Click for larger image

Information

Title

Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial (PA)

Creator

John T. Brugger, 1887-1968, architect
Bureau Brothers Bronze (Philadelphia), founders.

Date

dedicated July 4, 1919

Description

The Olney Tabor Soldiers and Sailors Memorial features a bronze plaque, 42 inches wide by 82 inches high, listing 462 names in five columns, flanked by fluted Ionic columns, surmounted by a pediment. Thirteen names of those who lost their lives are marked with a star.

The memorial is located on the south exterior wall of the Greater Olney Branch of the Free Library of Philadelphia, the former Olney Bank and Trust Company building, at N. 5th Street and Tabor Road. It was dedicated on 4 July 1919. The architect was John T. Brugger. The plaque was cast by Philadelphia-based Bureau Brothers Bronze Founders.

Location

Greater Olney Branch of the Free Library of Philadelphia
5501 N. 5th Street
Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania

Contributing Institution

Barry Johnson